Allergy Medical conducts regular workshops on eczema management.
The Eczema Workshop brings together knowledge and skills, products and procedures.
Comprehensive scope—one clear and concise class
Allergy Medical’s Eczema Workshop will give you the health insights and practical skills for better managing and treating eczema.
You can practise wet wrapping and cool compressing. You can inspect various protective garments and bedding. And you can sample a variety of skin care products.
Class sizes are small, so there’s plenty of time and space for discussion and interaction.
Why is an allergy clinic interested in eczema? What do we know?
Eczema management is a complex and delicate process. And allergy is an important consideration.
Allergy can severely aggravate the symptoms and severity of eczema. And eczema can be a warning sign for susceptibility to other allergies.
You can find more information on eczema and allergy here on our website.
Perfect for patients, parents and carers
The Eczema Workshop is intended to complement rather than replace a doctor’s consultation.
You don’t need to be an Allergy Medical patient to attend.
Skye and test baby “Rose” demonstrate wet wrapping and cool compressing.
Topics covered include:
- how the skin works
- how eczema-prone skin is different
- the many different factors that impact on eczema
- eczema and allergy—the potential problems and alarm bells
- the role infection plays
- how you can help control the symptoms
- identifying the safest and most effective treatments
- stepping you through an eczema management and protection plan
- how to prepare wet wraps, dry wraps and cool compresses
- protective garments and bedding
- what to look for in skin care products
- lifestyle and household issues and tips
Info kit and sample bag
- eczema and healthcare information
- information/support services from Eczema Association of Australasia
- skin care product information and samples, such as Epaderm, QV, Cetaphil and Hamilton
- protective garment and bedding product information, such as DermaSilk and AllergEnd Plus
- eczema management and protection plan
- lifestyle and household checklist
Next Eczema Workshop
- $50 per person
- Maximum 8 – 10 people
Bookings & enquiries
What people say
Great workshop—thanks for arming me with the knowhow! – Teresa