Allergy Medical aims to provide its patients with the best possible products and service. To achieve this, we aim to make efficient use of the personal information we collect from our patients. We also want our patients to have confidence that in handling personal information, we afford that information an appropriate level of privacy, consistent with the National Privacy Principles. This statement sets out our policy for dealing with your personal information. What is personal information? Personal information is any information about you that identifies you, or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained. Allergy Medical (including its related bodies corporate) collects personal information from its patients and suppliers, or employees or officers of its patients and suppliers, for purposes relating to the products and services it offers. Those purposes include:
- responding to enquiries about services, products and accessories we offer
- receiving feedback and dealing with complaints
- processing orders and administering accounts
- providing patient support
- applications for employment
- marketing and promotional activities
- product development and market research
- meeting our regulatory and legal obligations.
- external and internal premises security;
- restricting access to personal information only to staff who need it to perform their day to day functions;
- maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access or damage to electronically stored information, such as requiring identifiers and passwords, firewalls and anti-virus software; and
- maintaining physical security over paper records.